Simon Rowe: Educational Psychologist – CBT Therapist
Simon Rowe is an Educational Psychologist and CBT Therapist working in Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and the West Midlands.
Simon has over a decade of experience as an Educational Psychologist in primary, secondary and special schools as well as early years settings. He is skilled in educational assessment and intervention with children, young people and families and is able to liaise effectively with other professionals and the Local Authority.
My combined experience as a teacher, Educational Psychologist and CBT Therapist enables me to offer a service that not only takes into account the many and varied requirements of a school, but also allows me to address the social, emotional and mental health needs of the school population.
In his therapeutic work Simon has a breadth of experience working with adults, young people and children. His warm and supportive approach allows clients to work towards their goals in a safe and understanding environment.
CBT is proven to be effective in resolving problems in so many areas of mental wellbeing. Helping people to improve their lives in very real ways gives me the greatest pleasure and satisfaction.
Simon lives with his family near Malvern in Worcestershire. In his leisure time he enjoys spending time with his children, tending his vegetable garden, reading and walking in the Malvern Hills.
Qualifications / Training / Memberships
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC).l
- MSc Educational Psychology
- PGCE Teaching Qualification (Music, Secondary)
- BA Hons Applied Psychology
Simon has an enhanced DBS disclosure certificate and comprehensive public liability insurance. He receives regular supervision from Dr. Lynn Mackie, Senior Lecturer CBT and Psychology at the University of Bolton.
- July 2014 to present: clinical supervision of Educational Psychologists, Dudley Metropolitan Borough.
- 2012 to present: Independent practice as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, working with children, young people and adults.
- September 2014 to April 2015 : Senior Educational Psychologist, Clinical Psychology Associates
- April 2005 to September 2014: Worcestershire County Council Educational Psychologist
- November 2002 – April 2005: Manchester City Council Educational Psychologist